- Studying medicine in abroad is a fascinating idea, especially among Indian students.
- Doctor of Medicine is awarded to students after completing four years degree program.This is
equivalent to that of MBBS degree.
- In the first year, the basics of medical sciences are taught. From the second year onwards to third year,
these courses focus on specialized areas. Fourth year includes clinical rotation in different departments.
- This degree deals with medical theories, technologies, practices and different approaches for problem
solving. Post this, it is necessary to take up a licensure examination in the country itself.
- For this, students have to go through one year internship program. Degree awarded by different
universities is recognized by World Health Organization.
- Even the Medical Council of India recognizes the degree awarded by these institutes and permits the
aspirants for the screening test in India.
- SOURCE : Quora.com